Have you ever heard about banana hair mask? Who says banana is just for eating? How about feed your hungry hair with some banana and get a natural restoration from hair fall, damages and breakage? Come on, let’s turn the nutritious banana into a hair food!
I could not believe it when I first heard about this banana hair mask. It made me raise an eyebrow thinking it was banana for my hair, omg! Please excuse my ignorance, but that was just the first time I heard about that. All has changed when I realized what it can do for my hair! Honestly, I don’t eat banana since I was young. I don’t know why but at this age, I’m learning to cheat myself by adding banana with other fruits and put them together in a blender for my juice. I do that because I know banana has so many properties that our body needs. But as someone who is a fan of homemade remedies, I gave this banana hair mask a try and feed my hair with banana.. And I’m convinced by the result afterwards. Now, calm down, and think about this banana hair mask to give your hair a treat..
Okay, let’s talk about what this banana hair mask can do for your hair! Banana contains different types of vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, C, E and natural oils that can rescue your hair from split ends! It helps in improving hair growth and elasticity and at the same time it helps in preventing hair fall. When used as hair mask, the moisturizing property of banana penetrates deeply into scalp thus hydrating your hair. And right after trying this banana hair mask, you’ll notice your hair gets more bouncier, shinier and healthier looking. Are you going to say NO to that?
I’ve listed the ingredients that I used for the banana hair mask I made recently. It won’t cost you that much since all ingredients can be found in the pantry. This mask is boosted with effective ingredients which will surely make it worth your efforts. Don’t worry about the procedure in making this hair mask, it’s very easy, okay?
Banana hair mask recipe
What you will need:
- 2 ripe bananas (you may add more if you have long hair)
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 tablespoons plain yogurt (optional)
- warm water (to dampen your hair)
- shower cap
- Wash the ripe bananas and cut into two or three parts to make it easier to blend later. Put it in a bowl.
- Partially crush the bananas and now you may add the rest of the ingredients like vco, extra virgin olive oil, coconut milk, honey, and plain yogurt. Mix them together.
- Transfer your mixtures in a blender so you’ll be sure that all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- Assuming you’re done blending your banana hair mask, detangle your hair with a wide tooth comb and dampen it with warm water afterwards.
- Start applying banana hair mask on your hair. Begin from the roots to the tips of your hair. Give your hair a gentle massage while applying your hair mask all over your hair.
- When you’re done, simply cover it with a shower cap and let it stay for around 30 minutes.
- Rinsing time! Wash your hair thoroughly with a mild shampoo and make sure there’s no banana residues left in your hair. This is optional but you may also use your favorite conditioner after shampooing to make the most of banana hair mask’s effects.
- Dry your hair and you’re done!
You may use it for at least once or twice a week.
You’ll have that instant good looking hair! Yes, instant! Why go for an expensive salon treatments when you can get the same results at home? Plus, you’ll be pretty sure that your hair is not harmed with chemical ingredients because this banana hair mask is all natural. Your good looking shiny and bouncy hair will make your pretty face more attractive since hair has a big part in looking at your best.
There are many available homemade hair remedies that you can try. You may also consider trying mayonnaise hair treatment from my previous post.
I hope you give this banana hair mask a try and tell us how it works on your hair.
That’s all for now. Til next time again.. 🙂