Hi loves! I’d love to try writing something different today! Not about beauty products or fashionable outfits, but it’s about getting a little more personal between myself as a blogger and other bloggers out there.
Ever heard about the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award? Well, I was nominated by the lovely Zarrah of The Bandwagon Chic for that. I wasn’t expecting for this nomination, but of course, I’m grateful of how thoughtful she was for including me as one of the 10 nominees.
I actually got some nominations for other blogger awards before, but I never thought of joining or doing the same thing. Until Zarrah nominated me, I realize that joining this award is some kind of fun and will let blog readers know a bit more personal about how the writer of every blog live her life as a blogger. It’s a good way to start building a closer relationship between you and your readers because it feels as if you have an unspoken connection.
And this is how this Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award goes
- Give thanks and link to the blogger who nominated you for this award
- Give answers to the 10 questions your nominator have provided
- Nominate another 10 blogger who’s close to your heart
- Think of your own 10 questions for your nominees and tell them they’re nominated for the award
Here’s my answers to Zarrah’s 10 questions
- Zarrah asked: What keeps you from blogging?
My answer: My passion for writing keeps me from blogging and the ambition to get my voice be heard and make my purpose in life as a person.
- Zarrah asked: What are 3 essentials a blogger must have?
My answer: A top level domain name, an SEO optimizer plugin like SEO by Yoast, and time management.
- Zarrah asked: Best comment on your blog so far.
My answer: Can’t name one, but I can say that all honest and sincere comments are the best ones. That’s when you know the commenter have paid attention to what you have written.
- Zarrah asked: What is the best thing about blogging?
My answer: The best thing about it is when you know your voice is being heard when you share your ideas. Also, getting to know and get connected with people you never know you’ll ever meet. Additionally, working with brands, getting to keep the products for free and getting paid for doing what you love.
- Zarrah asked: Can you name 3 blogs that inspire you the most?
My answer: Yep! Jo-Lynne Shane, Vivianna Does Makeup, and Wonder Forest are the 3 current blogs that inspire me most.
- Zarrah asked: As a blogger, what do you think we can contribute to the community?
My answer: I think we can help by raising awareness for a cause.
- Zarrah asked: If given a chance to switch lives with someone, who will it be and why?
My answer: Interesting question! Well, if only that could happen, I’d like to switch lives with Ferdinand Marcos! I’d love to understand why he did the thing he did.
- Zarrah asked: What camera are you using?
My answer: To be honest, I don’t own a camera, hihi.. My friend lent me her Canon camera and it’s what I’m temporarily using. Hopefully, by next week I’ll have my very own camera, yayy!
- Zarrah asked: What is your photo editor?
My answer: I’m using Picmonkey, Canva, and sometimes Pixlr.
- Zarrah asked: Give a quote that best represent your blogging life.
My answer: I believe this quote is! Because I wanted to be successful in blogging in spite of my blogging failures. I should keep going, keep learning, and never give up! Mistakes are just a phase in our lives that we must not surrender with.
Then, I nominate…
- Sarah of Bows and Pleats
- Shireen of Reflections of Sanity
- Kim of A Very Sweet Blog
- Candice of Beauty Candy Loves
- Tash of A Red Lip and Love
- Lorna of Raindrops of Sapphire
- Corinne of Skinnedcartree
- May of The Mayden
- Gabrielle of A Glass of Ice
- Pam Scalfi of Pam Scalfi
My 10 questions for my nominees are:
- When did you start blogging, and why?
- How often did you post on your blog?
- What is your most viewed post that generates the majority of traffic to your blog?
- How do you promote every new blog post?
- What’s your most favorite topic to discuss on your blog, and why?
- When you’re a first time visitor of someone’s blog, what is the first thing do you take notice first?
- Aside from blogging, what are the things you want to be successful in?
- How do you deal with blog commenters who is obviously not really reading your post— but only happen to comment just so they can leave their blog links?
- Can you share your most unforgettable blogging failures, if there’s any?
- Can you give some tips on how to be a successful blogger?
And that’s all! I hope you, guys, learned a little more about me today as a blogger. And I’m looking forward to learning about my nominees, too!