I have cute visitors! Or should I say, my baby Cody have visitors? Oh, these kids in our house are always playing with my 6 months old son, which I appreciate a lot! I love it everytime I hear them giggling and laughing with my baby boy. As a reward and on behalf of celebrating Dia del Niño (Day of the Child), I’m going to cook something they will surely love.
Making these kids eat what I cooked for them is a bit tricky. One doesn’t eat beef, while the other one doesn’t enjoy vegetables on her food. Whoa!
I can totally relate to this because when I was a kid, I was also a picky eater. I can still remember how I enjoy eating corned beef and hotdogs while ignoring other foods(read: healthy foods) on the table. And because I want our little visitors to feel honored and appreciated in addition to celebrating Dia del Niño,
I cooked a very simple and easy to make hotdog recipe that my mom used to cook for us when we were still kids. Even my friends love this recipe, too. And you know what? It’s a hit, they loved it!
To be honest, it’s just a hotdog cooked with catsup and salsa casera. Making kids feel they are loved and appreciated doesn’t always need to be expensive or full of so much effort, sometimes, a very easy and simple recipe will do. Well, just like this hotdog salsa casera recipe, It’s like, 1,2,3, set, cooked! Trust me, your picky eater can’t resist this one!
Salsa Casera Hotdog Recipe
- 250g sliced hotdogs(bite size)
- 1 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup Herdez Salsa Casera
- 2 cloves garlic
- chopped onions
- butter or cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter in a saucepan on a medium heat and saute garlic and onion.
- Add the sliced hotdogs in the pan, stir it together with the garlic and onion.
- Next, add the catsup and stir all of them from the saucepan. You can now add the Herdez Salsa Casera to make it taste traditional.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, then it’s done!
See, it’s so easy and time-saving, especially if you’re a busy mom. For moms of kids who always love eating hotdogs, or for your picky eater, instead of just giving them a fried/steamed hotdogs, try serving this hotdog recipe on the table to level up their appetite.
And if you want them to have some fun cooking, this is something they can easily learn to cook with you in the kitchen! 🙂
To make the most of this year’s Dia del Niño holiday, be sure to join the Celebrate Your Chef” Giveaway Contest! Who knows, you and your child could win awesome prizes from the giveaway!
All you have to do is post a photo or video of you while cooking with your child and use hashtag #HERDEZKids for your chance to win, yayy!
Look at the awesome prizes!
- Grand Prize: 2 cooking classes for 2 (parent & child) plus $1000
- 2nd Place: 1 cooking classes for 2 (parent & child) plus $300
- 3rd Place: Child cooking gift basket
- Weekly prizes/honorable mentions: Child size Día del Niño apron.
Did you know that there’s a weekly Dia del Niño Trivia question on the Herdez Facebook page? You have a chance to win a child size Dia del Niño apron. Aww.. now, that’s cute!
I always follow back! 🙂