I once addressed coconut oil as a miracle oil in one of my post where I talked about treating acne, and that’s undoubtedly true! But this time, let’s talk about making coconut oil hair mask!
Coconut oil hair mask will help you moisturize your dry hair and helps in repairing it. It penetrates deeply thus repairing from the inside and out. Additionally, its antifungal properties will also give solutions to your dandruff problems.
I always use coconut oil (vco) in my everyday life, whether it’s for cooking or for my beauty routines. Not only for that purpose, you’ll surely be amazed by this 101 uses of coconut oil list! I also use it in my hair, and I can’t let a week pass without using coconut oil hair mask at once!
How to make Coconut Oil Hair Mask
You will need:
- coconut oil (vco)
- olive oil (optional)
- hair clips
- shower cap
- small bowl
- Put coconut oil in a small bowl, estimate the needed amount for your hair. This is to save the rest of unused coconut oils and keep them clean for the next use.
- If you prefer to add olive oil in your coconut hair mask, add it and mix them well.
- Dampen your hair. I recommend to section them with hair clips to make sure you coated every strand.
- Apply your hair mask starting from your scalp to the tips. Don’t forget to give it a massage while doing so.
- Cover your hair with hair cap and let it stay for 30 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair thoroughly to make sure there is no greasy feeling when it dries up.
- If your hair is thinner or is getting greasy easily, applying coconut oil on your scalp can weigh down your hair, so just skip it and only focus on applying from inches away towards the tips.
- Focus on parts where your hair is more damaged and the driest, and this is commonly on the ends.
- If you have a very dry hair, you may want to let it stay longer on your hair, or leave it as an overnight treatment.
- To boost the effectiveness of this coconut oil hair mask, you may wrap a hot towel over the shower cap that covers your hair. You may also apply heat over it by using a hair dryer for around 10 minutes.
- Start by using this coconut oil hair mask every second day. Once you noticed some results, gradually lessen the days of your application with this treatment. You’ll probably get a result in just a week, and right there, you may use it on a once a week basis to maintain your healthy that shines.
Have you tried using this coconut oil hair mask? How was the result? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below..
I always follow back! 🙂