This year, we’re celebrating Children’s Day with the whole family. My 2 step-children are with us for the moment and it’s a perfect time to honor the spirit of Dia Del Niño with them! My step-son is more of a teenager now, he’s having fun playing with our Little Cody while me and Mya(my step-daughter) are busy making an easy cereal bar recipe.
Yep, cereals! Because our family loves cereals— most especially the Cheerios. 🙂
You know, when hubby was overseas last year, and I was the only adult at home to celebrate Children’s Day (Dia Del Niño) with Baby Cody and my nieces. We enjoyed a kid-friendly recipe they helped me prepare together. That was fun, and I know in their hearts, they feel loved and special.
It really warms the heart when the family is complete, right? Having fun, and enjoying every moment. Food has this power to bring people together, and that could happen even just over a simple recipe you prepared for the family. So let me share you the recipe I and Mya prepared!
It’s actually a very easy recipe that you can enjoy doing in the kitchen with your kids any day. Mya is a 9-year-old little cutie, and with little instructions, she did well with how our cereal bars turn out. There’s no baking needed for this one, so you won’t need to worry about that. I think trying a kid-friendly recipe such as this one can also help boost kids’ confidence while having fun making it. Kids are kids, and their little achievements means a lot to them, even more so to parents (and me, too/step-mom)! 🙂
Easy To Make, No Bake Cereal Bar Recipe
- 3 cups General Mills Cheerios cereals Original (Get your coupon here)
- 2 cups puffed rice cereals
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup sultanas
- Chocolate chips
How to make:
- In a bowl, bring together the peanut butter and honey. Microwave it in 30 minutes interval. When the 2 ingredients blend well together, bring the bowl back to the table.
- Add the General Mills Cheerios cereals, the puffed rice, and the sultanas. Mix them well.
- Line a parchment paper in a baking pan and transfer the mixture in it. Spread them over and a bit of pushing down against the baking pan will do. Top with chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate until it becomes firm, around 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Cut it into bars of your preferred size, and it’s ready to be served!
You can also wrap each bar in a parchment paper, put it in a sealed container, and refrigerate them to enjoy it anytime.
Easy-peasy, right?! Oh, there are more cereal recipes that you can try from the Cereal Con Cariño page. How about you, how are you celebrating Dia Del Niño (Children’s Day) with your kids? I hope you try this recipe with them! 🙂
I always follow back! 🙂